Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where Do The Real Clowns Live?

Now wait. I just realized, real human clowns are creepy...but I think cartoon clowns can be adorable! I think it's because in a cartoon clown situation, it seems like clowns are a different species, like elves. And elves aren't creepy! But when you see a bunch of human beings made up as elves, walking around, well, that's kind of creepy.

And the same thing with clowns! Human beings, putting on all this gear to pretend to be clowns. It's kind of creepy. Why are they pretending to be clowns?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does everybody hate clowns! Clowning is hard work, it's honest work, these are people who work hard to master their craft and the whole point of their job is - - to bring more happiness into the world! What is so creepy about that I wish someone would tell me!

dogimo said...

First, for myself I would say: you make a good point, a passionately-stated case. I applaud you for your stance.

To address your second question, "What is so creepy about that" - well, I think that question has as many different answers as there are people who think clowns are creepy. But a common enough response might be: if their goal is to bring more happiness into the world, they're going about it the wrong way.

As to the first question you ask, "Why does everyone hate clowns" - everyone doesn't hate clowns. Everyone hates mimes.

dogimo said...

Say! Do they really call it "Clowning"? As the stated name of the profession?