Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm a Noticer!

A lot of people may not, but I notice things. I'll be bumping into random people, and something often catches my eye to where I'll say:

"Your hair's different!"

"Hey, I like that shirt."

"Nice shoes!"

People like that! But that's not why I do it. I don't do it because they like it. I do it because I just can't help myself. I can't help but notice, and then I can't help but point it out. It's part of who I am, and the way I express myself. People are kind of delightful, you know? Sure they are. And I like to point out the ways! If that gives everybody's day a little boost, well, who could complain?

It's not limited to people I know, either. Oftentimes I'll notice things about a complete stranger, and I'm not shy about pointing them out with a BIG smile:

"Nice shaaaaades."

"Look how tall you are! Good job."

"Were you born with that?"

I think if more people were more like me, noticing, appreciating, I bet the world would be a lot more pleasant or, you know, interesting at least. And I'd be the first one to notice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was born with it. :(

dogimo said...

I was born with a bad attitude and a sick sense of humor. Luckily nurture vs. nature won that battle!