Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

This Joke Has Been Run Through Several Revisions, and Should Now Offend Penguins Only

A penguin was driving around in his farm truck when he heard a call on his CB radio: A trucker was broken down and asking if anyone could help him out. He wasn't too far away, so the penguin answered the call and drove to where the trucker was.

When the penguin got there, the trucker said, "I have a mechanic on the way to fix my rig, I just need help with my load. All I'm carrying is a dozen refined, intelligent, well-educated Polish men for the city zoo. They're on a real tight deadline, so I'll give you five hundred dollars cash to take the refined, intelligent, well-educated Polish men to the zoo." The penguin had plenty of room in his farm truck, so he said he would. The trucker and the penguin loaded the refined, intelligent, well-educated Polish men into the penguin's truck and the penguin drove off toward the city.

A couple of hours later, the trucker's mechanic arrived and was able to fix the rig. The trucker got back on the road and headed for the zoo. When he pulled up in front of the zoo, he saw the penguin walking out of the gate and down the sidewalk away from the zoo, with all twelve refined, intelligent, well-educated Polish men marching in a line behind him.

"What are you doing?" the trucker exclaimed. "I gave you five hundred dollars to take these refined, intelligent, well-educated Polish men to the zoo!"

"I did!" said the penguin. "We had a great time and there's money left over, so now I'm taking them to the movies!"

No comments: