Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, October 12, 2009

My New Standard Comeback...!

From now on, any time somebody says something that I feel vaguely dismissive about without any real firm grounds, my new standard comeback is going to be:

"Science doesn't give a shit."

I can't picture that ever not working. Talk about tailor-made for any purpose! And hard to disprove, really, since no matter what proposition you might care to advance - science doesn't give a shit. Science is completely impartial. Science has no vested stake. Science doesn't care if any given proposition is true or false - only whether it is supported by the available data. Any time we have a repeatable/verifiable observation that comes along to contradict a previously-well-established theory, that theory is out on its ass! In favor of a new theory, one that can encompass all known data.

That's why science is so hard core. I love science. Science is my role model!

No comments: