Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, November 13, 2009

Too Late, Whore!

I have to tell you guys something. A bit of a confession really. I don't know what it is, but I'm frequently overtaken by the urge to post a post with a completely outrageous and inappropriate post title, usually something confrontational, something idiotically provocative - possibly sexist, racist, possibly just plain wrong. And the worst thing - nothing in the post itself whatsoever to contextualize it! Nothing to justify it, back it up, or even tangentially relate to it at all. The post itself - completely innocuous.

It's kind of weird. I myself don't love to offend, or anything - and I certainly don't consider myself sexist, racist, or just plain wrong. It's just this perverse, inexplicable urge. Luckily, I've been pretty good at fighting it down. I can be forgiven for the occasional lapse, I think!

Considering all the ones I fight down.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just think it's an need for attention! lol

dogimo said...

If that's the case - I've done it twice so far, but it doesn't seem too terribly effective!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dogimo said...

I quite agree, quality beats quantity. I'm quite proud of the quality of the last fifty consecutively-posted poems. I'd say that for quality, it beats or holds its own against any other stretch of fifty on there.

Of course, I'm no world-class poet, but for the standard I set those poems are admirable. A few sheer goofs mixed in, but I've always done that. Sheer goofs are cool.