Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Not Entirely Sure This Wasn't Done as a Joke to Get on the Internet.

I'm a little suspicious.
I mean, look at that.

Clarification: there's no way anyone would go to the trouble of painting these benches green, just as the pretext for a "wet paint sign" joke. That's hard work - and a job well done! I don't suspect the painters, whoever they may have been. I salute their diligent efforts. But maybe the prankster came along later, and put the signs that had been left (on the wall, perhaps?) in the paint - just to be a "cut-up"! Well that's exactly the kind of bullshit "practical joke" I can't abide!

It's been a while since I had to drag out the "not even funny" tag, but this little stunt here warrants it - en spades.

Damn it, I wanted that to come across all masculine and fancy by putting the Spanish of "in spades." But apparently, in Spain, they call a spade a spade. Which speaks well of them I suppose - but it shoots my efforts to shade the capper of this post with a bit of European romance-language exoticism right in the ol' puedo.

Perhaps if you go back and re-read it, mentally pronouncing it "en spah-dez." That could make the needed difference! Please try it, and let me know in the comments how it worked out for you.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Apologies for the crappy photo. I don't always have my trusty camera with me when I run across something that needs to be documented then and there. So in a pinch, I had to settle for the ol' cell phone!