Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Anyone Else Have This Problem? #1: Cute Passwords

I have a knack for coming up with really cute passwords, catchy ones that I will remember but that bear no real relation to any detail of my life, history, interests or acquaintances. But the problem is, I often realize I've accidentally said the password out loud as I typed it in! Because it's so cute! I can't help but say it out loud. It's a matter of delight.

Then I have to figure out if anyone noticed. If I think anyone noticed, I have to decide whether they caught the fact that it was a password, or if they did, whether they noted which site or service it was for. I have to do some big painful risk analysis so I can decide whether I can keep my beloved cute password! Or else I have to bite the bullet and come up with a new, even cuter one!

Which isn't so bad I guess.

Anyone else have this problem?

No comments: