Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, November 17, 2023

"Spider-Man comic book writer is confused by his villain's appearance in the Madame Web Trailer"

You and me both, Bill Strykszwinksy! Straczynski, that is. "J. Michael Straczynski."

I mean, the trailer itself was pure class, what with that seeming psychic paramedic pulling a wrenching web-yank on spider-futures, pasts, you name it - from all we can see, right in the nick of time, too! She's been a paramedic in other things, I believe? That U.K. show? Isn't this the same actress?

IMDB it later, maybe. She's got that caring look down cold, and the hairdo is a ringer. Isn't the she-paramedic with future-tense senses a bit of a trope, though, by now? I'm thinking of the Tick's Arthur's sister, but TRUST ME. That's nothing new. I think she (Madame Web, not Miss Trauma or whatever nom-de-super Arthur's big trusty sis eventually settled on) was also in that vampire fanfic remake people hated some while back. Bottom line though, why is red-and-black Spidey acting like a Spider-a**hole all through this thing? 

J. Michael Straczynski, who wrote the thing (Spider-Man) during a pretty otherwise-empty stretch in the mid-to-early 2000s, fills us in:

He has no idea either! "Don't ask me," he quips (not verbatim). He seems to think the red-and-black Spidey expy is Morlun, and not (as I'd presumed) Miguel O'Hara, from Spider-Man 2099. Either way, I wouldn't want to meet up with that clown in a dark alley or a well-lit diner (see trailer), and I don't care who's on the scene for pre-first response, or how many tricks she packs in her own tangled and entangling web-bag. Sometimes, it's best to just avoid the crisis.  

Update: The U.K. hospital soaper I'm thinking of is called CASUALTY, often styled CASUAL+Y or some similar. The actress is wrong. I was thinking of the long, deep-haired brunette with the blue eyes to kill for, and she's on another series entirely, apparently. 

Click to see the vid at the original article! It's MADAME WEB

No comments: