Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April Is Poetry Month Pt. 3

Okay. Here it is. Down to the wire. I'm just going to let fly, let the creative juices fly.

Don't let any get on ya now.

You know, I hope you appreciate the fact that I could have just snuck a poem out from my secret poetry blog and passed it off as if it had just been written, but nope. NOPE sir. Not me. That wouldn't be square.

So I'm just going to have to go off. Bus' it.

A poem.

A poem about...heck, who cares at this point. A dang POEM at any rate.



close

my hands gone cold in yours so warm
you've caught my breath, at last
With just one look you stop my heart, but
my blood flows twice as fast

I can't describe the shape you make
inside my heart and mind
picture all the universe,
as chains of stars unwind
you've knocked them out of orbits
by the sheer force of your pull
they all fall into circles,
concentric upon you

My forehead up to yours
the firmament on 'spin'
our love is heavier than suns
the universe leans in

our hands enlaced
collapsing star
drawn further in
to where we are

and

time skips

lightspeed standing still


we know what comes next,


And we can wait -


forever

4 comments:

Sean Scully said...

Somehow I missed poetry month. But I did just this morning write a poem. I am still refining it. It's called "This is just to say:"*


I have gambled away our nest egg

And sold the children

Into slavery

Even though

You were probably

Going to take them

To the park this afternoon

Forgive me

They were being annoying.

Oh, and I

Burned down the house.



*Yes, I stole the concept. Look it up.

dogimo said...

C'mon dude. I don't need to look that one up.

But nice variant on the theme! What did you attach the note to, though, with the house burned down and all?

Damn, now I want plums.

Sean Scully said...

I ate those too. Forgive me.

dogimo said...

It's funny. Actually me & Blue used to talk about that poem all the time.

*sigh*