Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, April 28, 2008

April Is Still Poetry Month

Shit!

As I mentioned in a previous post, April is Poetry Month, and I haven't even so much as put up one poem here all month! Got to rectify. I'm almost out of time, here.

Okay. For starters I could at least refer you to several fine poems of old, and/or yore:

The Sea-Bird
(plus some explanatory notes On The Sea-Bird)

A Bird Lies Dead

and even,
lullaby blessing
- which also has birds in it.

But birds or no, I feel like I'm bitching out here if I don't produce a brand-new one, written this selfsame April, in honor of Poetry Month.

I gotta do it. I'm a damn poet! This is MY MONTH.

1 comment:

jul said...

I'm behind you all the way, but your time is running very very short. Where's your poem poet!?!?!?