Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, June 09, 2008

Haw! Haw! Haw

OK, I'm going to try this again. I've had no luck with it on past attempts. I have no reason to expect this will be any better.

What I'm going to do is, I'm going to make up a joke as I go along. Why should that be so hard? Admittedly last time I tried it, it sucked, but I think that's just 'cause I let it drag out. The trick must be: "Keep it succinct."

Okay. Here goes.

The Pope, a Bear, a Rabbi and Spuds McKenzie are out in a rowboat. The bartender looks at the woman and goes, "are you sure that's your shirt?" The man replies "I would if I could, honey, but I haven't got any on me!"

Hey! That ain't bad!

Let me try another one. Let's see.

A man and his wife are having breakfast in bed in a romantic hideaway. "Ding dong!" says the delivery man. "One of us is going to have to get that," says the Bear to Spuds McKenzie. To which the bartender replies, "Well I would if I could, honey, but I haven't got any on me!"

Man, I was totally wrong. I'm a natural at these!

Just gotta keep 'em succinct.

Let me try another one. Hold on now. Gimme a minute! This one's going to be awesome.

No comments: