Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Formerly Hidden Secret Poetry Blog Revealed!

It has been pointed out to me that while I clicked my formerly hidden secret poetry blog over to public a while back in response to a 2-1 vote on the topic informally conducted in a comments queue, I never really emphasized what the blog was called, where it was located, or how to get there. And sure to my credit, it's right there in my profile! Visible, now that I clicked it off secret mode. But still, where's my customer service? If the people want poetry, MAKE IT EASY on them, right? Right!

So for the record, it's called A Pocketful Of Poesy, it lives at apocketfulofpoesy.blogspot.com, or viola ! A link.

It's basically a repository for my poetic output. I've done my best to collect every poem that I have convenient to hand in a click-copy-able format (I'm not digging through my ancient manuscripts, thanks!) and put it in one place. Some poems were originally posted here on this blog, others are from various other venues such as the infamous Valentine's Day Poetry Contest of the prize of which I was basically robbed.

In fact, there's one of those "adult content" warning things you have to click through, to get in, which I put on there because a few of the poems that avalanched and onslaughted from my voracious, insatiable muse during my drive to win that Valentine's contest, well. Let's just say a couple of the poems ended up a little racy.

But that's poetry for you. It's not all wildflowers and claret. Any y'all weedy types in your faded suspenders and bookish tweed who prefer to think otherwise, best skip to the lou my darling when my poems come swinging through, or you'll be square dancing out of the other side of your...I don't know...barn, I guess. Except tweedy weedy literati don't generally hang out in barns.

Well if they don't, they should! Do 'em some good. So anyway. Whatever I was trying to say there, the main thing is, A Pocketful Of Poesy is open for business. And on behalf of that, a poem-in-one-go:
So any time your prim and rosy glasses lost their tint
and all your pockets - empty as can be,
except the lint
just grab yourself a pocketful,
there's poesy all around
the sun and sky dictate the lines,
your eyes can write it down

2 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dogimo said...

It's kind of an inside joke. It's how I spell "waa-lah".