Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, June 26, 2009

Hey There, Good Timers! Friday Night Here It Comes! Pt.2: the denouement

Well it went great actually! It was a going-away thing, good turnout, the dearly departing had a blast as far as I can tell (far as I can tell, she's still having a blast, I pumpkin'd because I've got to get in sharp and early tomorrow - Inventory weekend for our fiscal close), I had a good time.

You know what? I'm good in social situations. People like me, in those situations. It's probably hard for those of you to believe, those of you who might have a hard time believing that, it might be hard to believe. But I am really very good in those situations. People like the me who I am able to be.

I had a really good time at the one place, and at the place we ended up after that place closed I had a great time - even on the walk between the two I was having a good time. I wasn't 'switched-on' or anything. I was just kind of - laid back. Enjoying the moment, saying good bye, celebrating the good of the past within the bonds of the present. On balance, I was having a good time. I don't know why I bugged out early. It was just, the night ended on kind of a depressing note for me. I met this girl called Anna, and...we really hit it off! But I can tell it's not going to work out.

So I had to end it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's good that you realize that right away and do something about it. There were a few relationships that I've had where I knew nothing was going to blossom out of my emotional investment, but I continued with it anyway. All I got in the end was hurt...however, I do have some fond memories and some good friends from it.

dogimo said...

In the cold light of day, though...second thoughts.

Hey, you're Anna too! She was a brunette, though. At least I think she was. The lighting was weird in that club.