Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, December 04, 2009

Basil, You're So Fine (You Blow My Mind)

So the other night at dinner, the appetizer we had - a "Mediterranean Plate" - included some scattered leaves of fresh greens of various types. There was a good deal there on the plate, and so when our entrees arrived, we kept it to the side to work on during the meal (all casual-like). It was a nice complement to have there, handy. By the end of the evening, all the real good goodies had been dispensed with (along with the main course), but I was still nibbling at the scattered leaves of greens while waiting for the check. I popped one in my mouth, thinking it might be spinach. It was a big, round dark green leaf, very fresh and springy. But it wasn't spinach! It was BASIL.

WOW. My breath was so fresh for hours! I think a fresh basil leaf may be a better fresh-maker than Mentos.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I got a whiff of that from here!

limom said...

Oh, man!
You made me think of Toni Basil.
I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Now I have to hunt that song down.