Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Reader-Submitted FAQ #2: "What are you on??"

This varies with the time of day. Note: at any or all of the below hours, I may well be sound asleep. But if I'm awake, here's what I'm probably on:
12am-2am: adrenaline

2:01am-3am: blessed descending satisfaction (I'm about never up at 2am, but when I am, that's what I'm on!)

3:01am-4:59AM: fumes

5:00am-7:59am: sunshine, or the promise thereof

8:00am-11:59am: caffeine

12:00pm-4:59pm: endorphins from achievement high!

5:00pm-11:59pm: a little beer, a little wine, maybe
NOTE: on weekends, there's some bleed-over between the 12pm and 5pm sectors.

Yeah, that's about all I'm on. VERY occasionally, toss a little nicotine in there. Nicotine can be an exceptional high, as long as you never make a habit of it. It's a crap high once you're hooked - nicotine does not respect its addicts. Be warned. My tip? Never buy your own. It's kept me from getting addicted.

Back to FAQ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, in other words, your insanity is not drug induced?

dogimo said...

Hm. Not sure - I'll have to ask it next time I see it!

Really, though: all the best drugs are legal.