Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Have Had Herpes, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and The Other One.

In a previous life. Thank God!

Taught me a lesson or two about promiscuity, too, I don't mind telling you. That lesson or two being: DON'T.

That's for the kids at home.

Man, I had a really hard time that time out! After oodles of previous previous lives scott-free and easy without blemish - POW! All of them! The whole jackpot in one pull! Let me tell you, it was no fun from that point on. By the time 1918 rolled around, I didn't mind being swept sweetly away by that spanish flu epidemic too much. Kind of a relief, really.

Oh, and if anybody ever tells you that getting it once means you're immune after that? Don't you believe it. That's a myth. I fell for that one, and the very next life, I got them all again. DAMMIT!!

I guess that was the point where I learned my lesson, technically. There's too much stuff out there floating around these days! You have to be careful, it ain't like ancient Mesopotamia where you could just go crazy on the steppes. And I didn't luck out with any spanish flu epidemic that second time, either! Nope. I hung around forever. My first and only experience with senility. MAN, what a weird feeling.

I hope I never get that again.

No comments: