Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Megan Fox Pt.2: I Just Want To Clear Up A Possible Misconception!

I just want to say, I don't mean by the previous post on the topic, I don't mean people to think I'm down on this young woman in any way. Now you might hear a lot of people observe, "There are some people who are considered 'hot', who if you really look closely at them, you will see that the only thing attractive about them is their youth. They have no particular distinction of face or form that sets them apart, no particular strong flame of character or charisma that will burn long and endure. They have only the glow and the shine and the sheen that they were born with, and grew into, confident and secure in a bloom that flourishes now at its peak, but that soon will fade - leaving them disappointingly, crushingly, resoundingly plain." Now it's true, you may hear a lot of other people say that, but I refuse to add my voice to that suspiciously eloquent chorus of dismissive criticism.

Because I say: if that's so, if this young woman or if any young person in that situation, is doomed to spend the rest of her (or his or her) life in the shadow of their former glow, trying to keep up to the level of what they still solidly believe they are truly worth, only to have the world back down look at them and see, and say: "pack it in dear. We only liked you because you used to look good sweaty." - well, if that's the case and if that is the hand dealt by cruel fate, won't life be hard enough without us piling on, all snide with our observations?

I say give this poor girl a break. If that's what life has in store for her, she'll have it hard enough soon enough. Give her her day in the sun.

Admittedly, I haven't seen any of her movies yet, so I'm probably not holding some of the same grudges that others on her anti-bandwagon may have, stowed and secured in their grudge-compartment.

No comments: