Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Megan Fox: The Riddle Of How Hot She Is

So I'm looking at her, and I'm hearing all the various remarks and appraisals people make - and let me tell you, as a feminist, I'm dismayed sometimes by how shallow some of these people are. But leave that aside. I'm doing my best to make the whole image and reality line up, and figure out why so many people - dudes, principally (who one would think would know) - are talking about how incredibly hot they say Megan Fox is. And I came up with something, a pretty strong theory that I think fits the facts.

I think that maybe, she reminds them of someone they used to know in school? And maybe had a crush on? One of those unrequited deals.

Anyway. I'm not the only one wondering, either! I've seen other people trying to make sense of it. So that's my guess. I'll let you know if I think of a better one.

6 comments:

Sweet Spectre said...

All I know is that I really dislike her.

Liliai said...

lol :)

dogimo said...

@Kim - Can you think whether she might remind you of someone you used to know in school? I'm grasping at straws here, but now I'm thinking if dislikes might also play into my theory.

@Abi - thanks!

tattytiara said...

Because she's pretty? I know that doesn't sound like I'm trying hard enough to figure this out, but that genuinely is the theory I'd been operating under. I'm not putting money on my answer.

dogimo said...

Well that's a good theory, too! I think what I'm trying to address, though, is - a lot of people seem to think there's a disparity between how pretty she is, and how pretty other people are, and how acclaimed she is for being hot. Versus other people, much less acclaimed while arguably far prettier or hotter.

Now, that's a pretty slim issue to hang a question on, really. But I kept running across people asking the question: "What's the big deal?" And after a while, I said, "let me take a stab at that. I've got a hunch its this residual reminiscent school crush situation."

Because I've totally had that happen to me in my life! Albeit, with people who looked less like Megan Fox and maybe more like, I don't know, Rachel Weiss or Kate Winslet, or perhaps a little like Robert Louis Stevenson.

It's less about a dead-ringer thing in these cases than it is about a "this person reminds you of".

Robert Louis Stevenson's a bad example. I just needed a third example to round things out. Things have a certain harmony, in threes.

Jo. said...

Touche Kim, touche.
(Am I using that word properly?)
I also think she needs to get in some better movies, with the sex appeal and what-not she might be able to get herself into some better movies. I mean, how do you think I got into college? Hahaha just kidding, my Mother would kill me. Oh I'm sorry this post is huge!