Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, January 31, 2010

This Was The End of The Show. Crowded House, Mt. Winery Pt.5

So, a belated capper to my serialized concert review in four (now five) parts. This goes back to September 2007, and I quote from myself at that time:
During the final number, "Four Seasons In One Day", the much-threatened curfew kicks in, and the power is abruptly cut. But flouting the venue's affluent neighbors, Neil forges on - inciting the crowd into a long singalong finale of "Four Seasons" that tacks on a quick run-through of the coda to "Better Be Home Soon" for good measure!

Some kind soul got the whole bit down on video, so I could relive a sweet moment! Wonderful:


Man, can Neil ever hold that note. He could have held that note forever!

Thank you, whoever shot this. What a gift we give to memory, to refresh it from time to time with a record of what actually happened. And thank you Martine, from the Crowded House Fan Forum frenzforum.com, who tipped me off to its existence!

If you're interested in the first four installments of the story:

Crowded House, Mountain Winery Pt.2
Crowded House, Mountain Winery Pt.3
Crowded House, Mountain Winery Pt.4

Pts. 2-4 were a serialized narrative. The first post was more a general review of the band at that stage of their career:

Crowded House, Mountain Winery Pt.1

6 comments:

Mel said...

"One more chorus, just to say 'fuck you' to The Man"

Reason 5327 why I love Neil Finn.

dogimo said...

I was there!

I was right there, in the crowd.

(you can't at any point see me - I'm off to the right someplace)

Mel said...

I know you were!, I am working my way through your epic account of the evening. What a night it must have been. I’m jealous! I can’t believe the Tercel’s still going strong. That’s impressive. My Eunos is a ’94 and has had all manner of bits replaced.

dogimo said...

Aw, cool!

Sorry it's so epic.

Please feel free to remark on any of it, right there under the original post as well! No statute of limitations on commenting.

Mel said...

No need to apologise, the epicness is great. I can imagine being there.

blue said...

I knew someone over there would have it! I thought it was weird that they didn't, but I guess you just hadn't asked. Maybe hadn't even mentioned it?

Unfortunately I don't have my plugins plugged in, so I am not viewing the lovely affair just yet.