Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OMG, Guess Who's Got a Baby Blog!

Me!

Well, sort of not me, too. After I posted that Baby Names post on Saturday, I just got to thinking about how it's like everybody and their mother is starting a Baby Blog, and it just seems like so much fun that I couldn't be left out.

Now, I myself am not having a baby, but I definitely want to get in on some of that excitement. It's pretty exciting! So I want to share that excitement. The excitement of as far as I know, not being about to have a baby. Which is perhaps a different excitement from the excitement of being about to have a baby, but boy it's pretty exciting anyhow though! Isn't it? Back me up, those of you who know!

So here's the link for My Baby blog. Actually I decided to call it a "Not My Baby" Blog, but only for the sake of accuracy.

Not My Baby blog

Does this count as a meme? Baby blogging? Or perhaps even having babies is a meme. It could be.

I wonder if I should tag people on this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something enormously genius about this idea. Us non baby types can get all ga ga about not having babies. This is fantastic. It's....bringing a little tear to my eye, since my hormones are raging at me to not reproduce. I finally feel vindicated.

Mel said...

Once again...

A VISION OF THE FUTURE!!

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6545/ultrasound02.png

I know you say you weren't involved, but he's gonna take after you anyway.

(I'm not very good at deciphering these scans. It's quite possible I have put the beard and glasses on the baby's butt)

dogimo said...

@The Vegetable Assassin - I'd totally be honored if you wanted to do the same exact thing. Then it would be a meme! Or maybe you could share mine. We could not have a baby together. Hm. How many people can co-do a blog? We could potentially get hundreds of people on there, all collaboratively not having a baby. Shit this idea's grown too big, now I'm intimidated.

@Mel - it's actually an elephant fetus.

Mel said...

I knew there was something not quite right with that kid.

Anonymous said...

We need to do it. As in NOT have babies. On the blog. It could have some mega fun ideas going on (once my head stops hurting!) DO IT.

Mel said...

I’m with Ms Assassin on this. DO IT. The bonus is, it could lead to other profitable off-shoots. Maybe a NotMyWedding blogspot. As a way to counter all those smug couply people and their “OMG!!!!! Finally after 3 months we’ve chosen which canapés to serve. This reception’s gonna rock peeps – yayyyyyyyy!!!! Mwa!”

And then maybe a “NotMySanctimoniousSixMonthSabbatical” blog to vent some steam against all those woven-hemp-anklet-and-faded-Oxfam-tshirt-wearing do-gooders that choof off to Mozamswana or wherever at their own expense to, I dunno, dig wells with their bare teeth or inoculate 500 kiddies a day against diphtheria. I mean, they are good people and fair play to them, but … they have a habit of making me feel like shit.

dogimo said...

Mel, you're a blog-idea factory!!!

You do the Wedding one. While me and VA are Not Having A Baby, me and you can be Not Getting Married!

I don't think any of us are taking any sabbaticals any time soon.

dogimo said...

Now I want to be clear I don't mean to pish-posh the serious commitment involved in these things. It's a big deal, a big step to take, starting a blog with somebody!