Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fascination.

Okay, first: I love this song. This is my favorite Human League song ever. YES, EVEN MORE THAN THE ONE WHERE YOU WERE WORKING AS A WAITRESS IN A COCKTAIL BAR! When I found you.

But it's really staggering how malfunky this thing is. I swear. Just listen from the beginning to where it really kicks into high gear. It sounds like the main synth riff and the "bass" line are having a ROBOT WAR. This song was made for Whitey to dance to. You will be all, "oop, that shimmy jerk was off-beat - no wait! It would have been off-beat, but good ol' Human League put an off-beat BEAT there - as if to save my ass!" Thank you Human League!



"Well the truth may need some re-arranging..." - haha! I love that line.

Suddenly I have the suspicion I've posted this video before. And said substantially all the same shit.

Well, I guess it bears repeating, then!

Fascination, baby. Keep Feelin'.

2 comments:

limom said...

I really dig "Louise" and "Love Is All That Matters" too.
Boy, now you reminded me of Book of Love.

VEG said...

It IS a good song. Even though I misread part of this entry and thought you said MANFUNKY. I had visions of some very flamboyant gay bars blasting it. Which actually, they probably did! My HL faves are "Louise" and "Open Your Heart". Awww. 80s revival memoirs!