Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Question of the Day: Practicality? Pt.3: Now With Variations

This post is a Pt.3. There was also a Pt.2. Plus the Pt.1 of course. Maybe click straight through to Pt.1 first.

This question is such a clear and simple instrument. Yet it is flexible, adaptable! With certain minor adjustments, look what you get:
Scenario One: "The Original"

Situation occurs, or is noticed.

A: "This upset me."
B: "Given the situation. What do you want me to do with how you feel?"
- - -
Scenario Two: "The Alternate"

Situation occurs, or is noticed.

A: "This doesn't work for me."
B: "Given the situation. What do you plan to do? Perhaps if I can think of some suggestion to aid you."
- - -
Scenario Three: "The Call-Back"

Situation occurs, or is noticed.

A: "You're an ass hole."
B: "Given the situation. What do you want me to do with how you feel?"

4 comments:

Mel said...

If anyone was to say to me: What do you want me to do with how you feel? you better believe there’s going to be a “situation occurs”.

dogimo said...

What do you want me to do with how you feel?

Mel said...

*situation occurs*

dogimo said...

*situation is noticed*

This works for me! This works for me incredibly well!