Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, November 13, 2009

Drinkin' Beers, Writing Poems

Man, I can really put those beers away when I need to for no reason. I'm enjoying some Blue Herons (the Mendocino Brewing Co. one, not the other), some Bigfoot (Barleywine-Style) Ales from our big friends at Sierra Nevada, and some Mirror Pond and Shiner Bock. I'm saving the best for last if I get that far: Boont Amber Ale.

Anyhow, I am so sick of these poems. I need to get this over with. Including the ones I just did tonight, I'm at 327 for the year.

Tonight, I am taking it to 365, and be done with the damn push.

That's right. The Drive For 365 ends. TONIGHT.

This is going to be a forty poem night.

Just how do you people feel about that? Pretty uncomfortable, I shouldn't be surprised to learn. But don't worry about it - you'll be able to consume them at your ease and leisure, because after tonight, I'm takin' off the poet hat until at least March, probably. Just so I can put myself in another hole to climb out of!

The cool thing about beers are, unlike wines, they don't tend to cloud your judgment the same way, leaving you doing rash things or making bold statements over which you later can only stand back, scratch your head and say: "Who is this incredibly awesome dude that I happen to have been lucky enough to be born as?"

No Boont Ambers for me tonight, until I crack the 30 mark. 'Til then, I am on Mirror Ponds and Shiners.

7 comments:

limom said...

You should have one beer for every poem you pen. Post so we can follow the progression/regression.

dogimo said...

That would have been an interesting idea. Maybe next year, give that a shot.

SOME FORCE IS TRYING TO THWART ME.

The last 5 posts I've tried to post all sit there "scheduled" - despite the fact their time to post has long since (minutes) passed!

It must think I'm a spammer or something. It's holding me back from my goal. Damn.

Counting the un-posted five, I'd be at 345 for the year, and 24-poem day.

Screw this. I wanted to do forty! I'm not going to waste my time if they're not posting, though.

I'll do one more. Round it out to 25 for the day at least. What a letdown.

As if spammers can write poetry!

dogimo said...

Aw yeah

They just posted, after all!

To quote Naughty by Nature, "once again it's on..."

Elliott said...

Love Shiner, sadly it costs too much in FL for me to enjoy it regularly (as do many of my favorite beers). I must check out the others as well.

Unknown said...

I don't know if you saw the poems on my blog. They're not deep and philosophical or anything--just fun little ditties.
If you're curious the dates are 8/31, 7/9, and 6/29.

Mel said...

Congrats!, you definately deserve a break from writing them proper poems. I must apologise for the haiku face-off smack-down challenge I initiated right when you were in the depths of your Drive for 365, I fear I added to your workload and stress - but thanks for taking part! (sucker!)

:-)

dogimo said...

Mel, not a bit of it! You helped me out. Poesy is meant as the repository of all the poems I'm writing for whatever reason. If I put one elsewhere I put it here, too.

So those 'smackdown' haiku helped boost me to the point where I could make this final push!