Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, February 08, 2010

Don't Fake The Funk #2: Guess How Many Of These Are Me?

Picking up from previously,

THE ANSWERS ARE..."at least 3. Maybe 4." These 3:
"This is a phrase used more to indicate when one has NOT faked the funk on a nasty dunk. E.g. when someone goes up and makes a nasty dunk on which the funk has clearly not been faked. It would be harder to imagine how exactly one would go about faking the funk on a nasty dunk even if one should want to do so."

"We might further ask, "if the dunk is indeed nasty, how then can the funk have been faked?" It's a paradox, an oxymoron, a contradiction in terms!"

"I agree with the above posters. It's patently impossible to fake the funk on a nasty dunk. A crappy dunk, maybe. But if the dunk is nasty, then the funk is R-E-A-L. Admittedly, 'Don't fake the funk on a crappy dunk' isn't nearly so catchy."

Are definitely me. Now, this one...
"DUDE, I HAVE NEVER TOLD ANYONE ABOUT THIS. BE COOL. I'VE BEEN FAKING THE FUNK ON NASTY DUNKS FOR A SUPER REAL LONG TIME."
...I can't honestly...I can't swear to it...I don't remember literally doing that one. But look at it! That shit is all me. Right? Maybe not. Maybe not. But: maybe.

This guy last guy on line...
"All of you guys sound like dictionaries. It means don't act like you didn't get dunked on when there's a nasty dunk on you. The funk is just the feeling of a nasty dunk."
That was not me. But I have to step up, accept my share of the blame, and take that first sentence as a compliment!

2 comments:

blue said...

I don't remember how many there were, but I thought they were all you, including the least one. I thought that was just you returning to pass judgment on yourself after a long while.

I also totally felt the dork you in the all caps one, just giving the page a hard time, saying nonsense.

Be cool.

dogimo said...

Nah, I was just shocked there was nothing there, on such a prominent phrase, and I was trying to get it going.

It only occurs to me now that in some aspects of so doing, I may have 'faked the funk.'