Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, June 29, 2009

A Good Time to Point This Out

Sorry about all the posts lately. I've got like, 350+ 'Drafts' saved, in varying states of completion, and I'm trying to go back and work up as many of those into finished states as I can. And that's on top of the crap that I'm coming up with right now! So I'm pushing some posts into the future with the 'Schedule' function, but ultimately that seems like just postponing the problem. Anyway, as a result, you end up with this accelerated deluge of randomness (as contrasted with my usual stately, measured deluge of randomness).

It's a problem, I realize. I assure you I don't expect anybody to keep up with it all, all this splurge of verbiage. By all means, browse and nibble discriminately, at only the tenderest and most appetizing shoots! Pass over the rest with a dignified sniff of your bunnylike nose.

I like to picture my readership as woodland creatures, for whom I provide from my abundant bounty.

OK. And this might be a good time to point this out, if I haven't already. Due to my spectacular lack of focus, hardly any of my blog posts have any sort of 'timely' component to them. For the most part, a post from two years ago is every bit as relevant as a post today! In fact, that may be an overstatement!

So what I'm saying is, you can always catch up later. You're not missing anything urgent.

In fact, personally I don't even recommend reading the front page posts. Hit the 'Feeling Lucky' random button! Then when you find a good juicy one, surf from there by clicking that post's labels most sympathetic to your interests. That's where the good stuff lives.

And as you read, feel free to comment on any post no matter how old. And if you wish, as you comment you can unobtrusively mention, in an off-hand way, what sort of woodland creature you are.

That really helps.

5 comments:

Edana said...

I love the random button and I like commenting on older posts but I never remember to click the "subscribe to responses" button, so if you respond to them I completely miss out. And that's much less fun. For me, at least.

Oh, and I'm a bear. I took an online quiz to find out.

dogimo said...

Aw MAN!! You got to click that subscribe button...!

Hey wait. Ok. I think at this stage this is still a manageable task for like, a 1-time recap:

http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2009/04/infinite-thought-of-day.html

http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2010/10/more-perfect-business-venture-ideas.html

http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2009/09/im-taking-commissions.html

http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2010/08/kickass-screenplay-idea-ive-completely.html

http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2010/10/beware-hypothetical-situations-carry.html

http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2010/10/god-thought-experiment.html

http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2010/10/thought-of-day-omelette-is-merely-side.html

I *think* that's everything except the Shakespeare ones, which you can always get to from the 'Shakespeare' label!

dogimo said...

DAMN it.

I was congratulating myself on getting all those links up in a functioning way. But the screenplay one doesn't work for some reason.

I'll try again:

http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2010/08/kickass-screenplay-idea-ive-completely.html

Edana said...

Wow! Thank you! I will try to remember to click the button from now on. I notice if there are more comments on a newer one, but I lose track of random posts! Does it tell you if someone checks one of the boxes at the bottom or gives it stars? Because I did that for a few of them when I didn't have anything to add but liked the post.

dogimo said...

It doesn't alert me when someone rates an older post, but it's always a kick to see it later! I enabled those ratings way late in the game.

Hm. I don't like that online quiz. I'm a BUNNY, damn it. I didn't even complete it. I didn't see enough bunny answers.

It's tough to get satisfaction from online quizzes when you already know what you are!