Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, June 01, 2009

You Were How Mad?

So this one guy was recounting to this other guy this whole history of a bad situation he'd just been through, and then he reached the apex, as it were, and became very animated, energetically reeling off a laundry list of just how mad he was (and still was, to all appearances):

"I tell you I was so mad I was about to eat my own head, I was set to piss on the ceiling! I was fit to beat other people's wives! I was so mad I was like to set rocks on fire! I was ready to break down my own front door from the inside! I was ready to throw rocks at cops! I was so mad my eyes were spitting!"

Then the other guy, after a doubtful pause:

"You were that mad?" "YES I WAS."

Admittedly, it was a messed-up situation. But I don't think he should be getting all that mad about it. What does it help?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favourite entries on your blog Joe. And I was reminded of it today when Pollyanna’s “Brittle than Broken” came up on my ipod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJlV7vDCvws&feature=PlayList&p=D8A10EA2E5C38124&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6


This guy is one angry man. I am a big fan of this song, love it to bits, but even I can admit that what he is threatening to do to the other person’s property is a bit, err, intense. No denying he’s mad and not going to take it anymore though …

Anyway, all the best and I wish you a well of words that never dries up.

Mel…

dogimo said...

That's a good band name, and a good-sounding tune!

Thanks for the tipoff; I've never heard of these guys.

You know what's another good band name?

The Tipoffs!

Anonymous said...

No problem.

Cinnamon Lips is another of their tunes which I love.

Yeah, the Tipoffs ... supported by The Indoctrinators. Nice.

Mel.

dogimo said...

Indoctrinatrix? I think Indoctrinatrix. It's got a weirder ring of the strange.

You know what else is a good band name?

Sweet Lady Miss Baby and Her Seven Gentlemen Callers!!

No wait. That's a bad band name.

dogimo said...

Les Indoctrinaires?

Anonymous said...

Indoctrinatrix … Hmm, yeah, that’ll work. Record company moguls would go for it. I reckon they’d envision four girls in tight leather black jumpsuits, like catwoman. Make them sort of a hardcore Pussycat Dolls. Real feral. Not a pleasant thought, but heck, if I’m raking in the cash, doing backstroke through wads of the folding stuff, dancing on my desk shakin’ it to Nelly’s Ride Wit Me … “hey, must be the monee!”…. as it pours in, then what do I care eh!.

Les Indoctrinaires…. This I like. Tres magnifique, tres avante garde!. Ah those French, they have a word for everything.

M...

Anonymous said...

... and the Spanish. I never was no good with them languages. M...