Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Well I Think It's A Great Idea!

I wish I could burst in on people's private lives as they argue - "Shut up! Don't you realize how trite and maudlin this all is? 'Oh, you never understood me,' and 'You never even tried to understand me!' Is this the best you can do - we've seen this scene already! It's not even being particularly well-performed. Do it again, with better dialogue! If you can't entertain us, at least make us believe you mean it!"

As I say all this, I'd be dressed as a bumpy-skinned iridescent purple alien with big slimy eyes and a silvery-mauve tracksuit with a button-covered panel on the front. Then I'd twist a nob and phase out in a wobble-wave special effect. And the couple would be silent for a minute, looking at where I'd been standing, and then they'd look at each other like, "what the HELL??"

You have to admit, that'd be a pretty sweet prank!

2 comments:

Sean Scully said...

That could be sorta cool, and yet you'd have to get involved in some truly banal disputes. Most domestic discord is really boring, sometimes even when you're in the middle of it. My main thought in the midst of a fight is "Oh, crap, can we just get this over with already?"

dogimo said...

Well yeah, that's my point!

I could liven it up a little.