Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Questionable Quote

"People who commit suicide are the real heroes."

- can you imagine? I heard somebody say that out loud! Can you imagine? How insensitive is that! What if I, or someone I know, had attempted or committed suicide? Or another listener? How far will people go for the sake of their sick jokes!

To be fair, the full statement was:

"In an overpopulated world, people who commit suicide are the real heroes."

- but is that any better? To mix in some geopolitical statement, as though that now turns the whole thing into some richly sardonic observation?

Frankly, I prefer it the first way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a pretty ignorant, insensitive statement.

dogimo said...

You'd be amazed at some of these California types. Beautiful people, most of them! But then you get these..."self-hating humans," I guess, is the only way to put it!

Of course, then you have the other kind like me, who basically think humans are the best animals out there!! I'm so biased in favor of my species.